AppHarbor Program Policies
Adapted from Google App Engine Program Policies.
To uphold the quality and reputation of AppHarbor products and services, your use of AppHarbor (the "Service") is subject to these program policies. If you are found to be in violation of our policies at any time, as determined by AppHarbor in its sole discretion, we may warn you or suspend or terminate your account. Please note that we may change our program policies at any time, and pursuant to the AppHarbor Terms of Service (the "Terms"), it is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with and adhere to the policies posted here. All capitalized terms used herein have the meanings stated in the Terms, unless stated otherwise.
The Content displayed and/or processed through your Application or other web site utilizing the Service shall not contain any of the following types of content:
- Content that infringes a third party's rights (e.g., copyright) according to applicable law;
- Pornographic, obscene or excessively profane content;
- Hate-related or violent content;
- Content advocating racial or ethnic intolerance;
- Content intended to advocate or advance computer hacking or cracking;
- Other illegal activity, including without limitation illegal export of controlled substances or illegal software;
- Drug paraphernalia;
- Malicious content;
- Other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights.
In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in the Terms, you may not and may not allow any third party, including your end users, to:
- Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email ("spam"). Such activity includes, but is not limited to:
- sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law;
- imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam;
- data mining any web property (including AppHarbor) to find email addresses or other user account information;
- sending unauthorized mail via open, third-party servers;
- sending emails to users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list;
- selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person's knowing and continued consent to such disclosure; and
- sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no preexisting relationship.
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like;
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors;
- Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email;
- Illegally transmit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission;
- Use the Service to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Promote or encourage illegal activity;
- Interfere with other users' enjoyment of the Service;
- Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit the Service for any unauthorized commercial purpose;
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Service;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Service's Administration Console; Use the Service in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing; Display any content on the Service (including but not limited to the customizable login page) that contains any pornographic, hate-related or violent content or contain any other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third party rights; or Modify the AppHarbor logo or any other AppHarbor Brand Features. Use the Service, or any interfaces provided with the Service, to access any AppHarbor product or service in a manner that violates the terms of service or other terms and conditions for use of such AppHarbor product or service.
AppHarbor has soft and hard limits for the use of its services. Hard limits are automatically enforced and soft limits are consumable resources that you agree not to exceed.
- Network Bandwidth per Worker Unit: 100GB/month - Soft
- Shared DB processing: Max 200msec per second CPU time - Soft
- Request timeout: 30 seconds - Soft; 120 seconds - Hard
- RAM usage per Worker Unit: 512 MB - Hard (if you only have a single worker unit per worker the limit is: 512MB - Soft; 1024MB - Hard). Workers are restarted/recycled when exceeding this value).
- CPU resources per Worker Unit: ~600MHz - Hard
- Requests Queue limit per Worker Unit: 500 Requests - Hard
In case you need higher limits please feel free to contact us.